Monday, July 18, 2011

Vegas, baby!

I haven't fallen off the blog wagon again...lol! Just returned from vacation! In Vegas. :-) It was my 40th birthday gift to myself. I know you're thinking, didn't she say her 40th was last October? It was...I'm celebrating ALL year, remember? Hee, hee...

Originally, I wanted to go to Greece, but it was such an expensive trip that I couldn't ask my friends to make that kind of investment. So we decided on Vegas a few months ago and boy, am I glad we did!! (Not to mention all the instability and volatility in Greece recently.) When Vegas became the designated destination, I set out to make it a trip like I wanted to have the FIRST time I went to Vegas a few years ago. Two of my friends were also Vegas virgins, so I wanted them to have an awesome time for their first time..unlike me. :) I wanted shows and fine dining...and I think we succeeded in that goal!

Traveling with friends is a gamble at times....you could be the best of friends, but may not travel well together. You know what I'm talking about! LOL So it was me and 5 of my good friends, plus my sister and her friends. I only saw the sister and her friends at a few outings, which we were quite OK with.

Turns out my friends and I do travel well together....or at least, I thought so! We had a GREAT time, dining our way through Vegas, and catching as many shows as possible. Cirque du Soleil's KA...the Blue Man Group...Jubilee!...dining at TAO, Wolfgang Puck's, Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill, Emeril's New Orleans Fish House, Pink's...man, do I have to the hit the gym religiously now! I'm glad that I indulged and enjoyed myself. Life is too short! And I'm so glad that my friends & I now have these memories together!

Our next destination together?? NYC

No comments:

Post a Comment