Sunday, July 10, 2011

So how many more frogs do I need to kiss??

Last Fall, I made a conscious decision to "get back on the horse," so to speak. After being significant other-less, for 4 years, I thought it was time to see what was out there. I still wasn't so sure about being in a relationship, but certainly wanted to meet people and going out on a date here and there wouldn't be so bad, right???

The question was where and how do I meet guys? I was never one to meet guys in bars (even in my younger days); couldn't meet them at work, cause I work in a small office with all women. And I don't like dating in the workplace, anyway. Through my friends?? 99% of my friends are married and their friends are married, so that wasn't gonna work. Plus, my last relationship was someone I met through friends and I certainly didn't want to go that route again. He was so wrong for me, but I stuck it out cause I didn't want to be the bad guy and it would've been complicated to see my friends, who were also his friends. The 21st century solution? Online. (Shudder...)

I'd tried eHarmony a few years ago and it'd been an epic fail -- subscribed for a year and went out on one date, which was an epic fail itself! LOL At the time, I'd thought that date was the worst ever in my history of first dates...well, I stand corrected, which is a story for another post.

Meeting people online is a commitment of your time, money, and emotions. It's risky and so far, I haven't reaped any rewards for this risk. Aside from great stories to share with friends! But I'm a "glass half-full" kind of gal and I will try to find the humor in a situation. So I boldly went where so many others have already gone before...to find the prince among all the frogs...out in cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment